Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Missed but not forgotten: Shirley Temple

I was terribly sad to hear the news of Shirley Temples' passing this Monday.  I like so many have grown up watching her films.  My Grandma Cece who passed away two years ago brought up my cousins and I on Shirley Temple.  My first Shirley film was Heidi and I played that VHS till the tape warped. Now as a Mother I've shared that same collection of VHS with my little one, and her favorite is Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.  Sharing Shirley's films with my Cecilia is like taking my her to visit my Grandma.  I'm so thankful for Shirley's career and how it influenced my childhood, and continues to influence that of my child's.  She will be missed but not forgotten.

Please join me in celebrating the life of a wonderful woman by sharing your favorite Shirley movie, or memory in the comments below.


Granny Tyl: Every time you think of us, we wake up and see you again.

Mytyl: But we thought you were dead.

Granny Tyl: No, dear. Only when we're forgotten.











4 comments:

  1. It's way to hard for me to pick a favorite movie and I don't have any one specific memory but I will always remember the way she made me feel. Shirley Temple was my go to when I was sad or couldn't sleep because her movies always made me feel like things were ok and would get better. Her movies represented safety.
    ~Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can completely agree with that. On the VHS version, there was that opening theme song "When you've been thinking you're all that you've got, then don't feel alone anymore", and that was so true. Such warmth and comfort =)

      Delete
  2. VERY TALENTED CHILD AND VERY MUCH A LADY!!!

    ReplyDelete