Sunday, November 2, 2014

Harvest Fête


Cecilia has changed so much in just a year!  Where has the time gone?  Last year she was my sweet little Madeline; this year she was my spunky Vanellope Von Schweetz!  

It's difficult to get Cecilia to hold still let alone look at the camera

I made her costume out from clothes I found at Fred Meyer and some old finds.  A Carters sweatshirt I accessorized with hot pink shoe laces. I transformed an old brown shirt into the drawstring skirt.  I was most pleased with this because when it gathered it looked as though it had pleats.  Her leggings were $5 Fred Meyer brand.  I sewed on cut up tights to make them look like candy.  The candy clips were made from Martha Stewart stickers hot glued to bobby pins.  
I really LOVE how it turned out.


Cecilia and some of her darling friends at her preschool's Harvest Fête.  They had loads of fun collecting candy down trick or treat lane, trying their luck on the cake walk, and conquering some carnival games.  I'm so happy she had a good time with some early Halloween fun because a few days later she came down with a cold that kept us home on the actual day.  But I must say…. This is my favorite costume of hers YET!

No comments:

Post a Comment