Wednesday, November 26, 2014

New Thanksgiving Traditions


Today I've been enjoying some quality time with my little one prepping for Thanksgiving while watching Gone With The Wind.  We are trying Pioneer Woman's Brining recipe for the first time and the ingredients smell delicious.  This will be the first time we host Thanksgiving and plan to celebrate it with our Juneau friends.  It's been fun piecing together the menu; anticipating tried and true family favorites that of our friends and some of our own.  

One family tradition we have (that many other families have) is sharing what we are thankful for.  I encourage you to give it a try if you don't already.  What are some things you are thankful for this year?

I am thankful for:
My loving husband
For our children
Family- passed and present
God's presence in our lives
Our church family back home
Friends- the kind that time and distance cannot corrupt
The opportunity to stay home with my kiddos & to raise them in as BEAUTIFUL a place as Alaska
For prayers answered and unanswered 


Happy Thanksgiving





No comments:

Post a Comment