Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A White Christmas

Winter in Alaska can be a difficult time of year.  The sun rises at 8:30 AM and sets at 3:00 PM.  It can be dark and dreary but around christmas time Juneau Alaska turns on the charm ;)  The once pitch black rainy evenings are suddenly illuminated by the arrival of christmas lights and freshly fallen snow extending the time we have to play outdoors.




After snow cuddles are the coziest

        Cheery decorated storefronts line the streets of downtown, and the local Nickelodeon hosts a family matinee showing beloved christmas classics like "Frosty The Snowman" and "How The Grinch Stole Christmas".  I hope my girls will look back on our time here and cherish the memories we made.  After all you really cannot beat a white christmas.



Christmas Morning she woke and asked "Is it Jesus' Birthday today?" I'm so happy she knows what the holiday is truly about.


My Little Jelly Belly

 "When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings"
-Bing Crosby
White Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment