Tuesday, January 12, 2016

To My Darling Girls


 A Mother's Prayer
writer unknown

(5) Cecilia & Elsie (6mos.)

I hold you in my arms
And together we softly sway
As I rock you to sleep
And this is what I pray:

I pray for your safety
Your health and happiness, too
I ask God to wrap you in his love
In Everything You do


I pray you’ll never know
A single ounce of pain
That you carry no burden
And that you smile through the rain


I pray you have the will
To make all your dreams come true
And that you find success
In all you set out to do


I pray for your future
One that I hope is bright
And if you have the choice
To always do what’s right


I pray you have peace
And love inside your heart
Not just for yourself
But for those less fortunate than you are


I pray you grow into a person
Who values those you love
And that loyalty and honesty
Are not just things you speak of


I pray so many things for you
Because I love you so
Because you are a little piece of me
My heart and my soul


With All My Love
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment