Saturday, August 29, 2015

House to Home: Living Room Makeover


My textiles have been in desperate need of a facelift lately.  I've had the same pillows and most of my decor for 3 years and during that time my tastes have evolved, as well as received some serious wear and tare thanks to living with kids.  I love interior design!!  Some of my design idols are:


Her eye for rustic simplicity, beautiful color pallets, and her ability to repurpose once loved items amazes me.  She can do no wrong! 


A fellow Oregonian; I feel Emily delivers that local flea market flare Portland is known for without it being TOO much.  Her style it eclectic, simple, and clean.  She recently joined up with Target as a style expert and made some useful design with target videos.

and Lets Not Forget


Genevieve Gorder was my first interior design love.  She has a playful approach to spaces and a knack for mixing texture and different elements.  Before I found her on HGTV I probably would have bought an entire matching furniture set from some furniture store, with a generic style that was not my own.  Genevieve made design tangible; anyone could do it, and she showed you how.

Some of my favorite places to troll for good deals and unique finds are Schoolhouse Electric Co., West Elm, Magnolia Market, Target, H&M, Ikea (however they don't ship to Alaska…..), and Anthropologie.  Living in Juneau Alaska there really isn't much of an antique or craigslist market so I rely heavily on these shops.

Here is a photo of some pieces i will be updating our living room with.  Some of which I already own but I am very excited to show you when it all comes together.

Schoolhouse Electric Co.- US Map, Green Fern Pillow
H&M- Beige Linen Pillow
West Elm- Plaid Pillow, Wood Vase
Ikea- Couch, chair
Magnolia Market- Cherry Blossom Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment