Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas in the Mountains


My Husband had recently returned from a 6 month deployment for the holidays.  It can be such a whirl wind of family and friends that you can forget to live in the moment and enjoy one another's company.  He never gets to stay very long so we try to make the most of it.  Some friends of ours from church were kind enough to loan our family their cabin for a few days.  Since Brandon wouldn't be able to stay   till Christmas we celebrated there early.  We got to cook together again, something we miss very much; star gaze, enjoy the fire, and even try some fly fishing.
It's been a long time since my Husband's been able to cook me breakfast.

Off to try our hand at fly fishing




I made this dish on our last night and it was yummy.  It is pear, goat cheese, drizzled with honey, and sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.  

Christmas morning was…. rough….. for some.




Shortly after we finished opening our gifts we got a phone call from my Husband's boat, our orders had come in.  Our family is headed to Juneau Alaska this June and we couldn't be more excited.  We love being outdoors and enjoying nature as a family.  I will be able to say that I have lived in every state on the U.S. West coast.  The adventure continues and I can't wait to see what wonders it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment