Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Day Disney Came To Town

Disney Jr. Live recently visited the Moda Center here in Portland for their Pirate and Princess Adventure.  When I first looked into getting tickets they were extremely over priced for nosebleed seats, so I nixed the idea of going.  I subscribe to a parenting website called Red Tricycle  www.redtri.com  and they send me daily emails on all local events for families, parks to visit, and sorts of fun mommy info.  Even if your not from the Portland area it is still a great site; I suggest you check it out.  The day the show was in town I received my daily Red Tricycle email and noticed they were advertising tickets, so I followed the link to see what was available and if the prices had changed.  I did a general search and VOILA!  Two tickets on the floor, 4th row, seats 2-3.  I could not believe my luck!  I snagged those suckers so fast and for half the price I was quoted when the tickets first went on sale.

This may seem silly, but I dedicate this photo to Kristy (a mom I nannied for).  Thank you for your shinning example, and showing me how to be the mom I always wanted to be.  You are my greatest influence.

I asked Cecilia what she wanted to be and she said a princess, so I went with pirate of course.  
I have a terribly archaic phone and it does not take good photos, but these are the two I took while at the show.  As much as I wish I had more photos, I got to fully enjoy the wonder on my child's face.  She enjoyed Sofia but nothing prepared her for Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  For those of you who know Cecilia, you know that she LOVES Peter Pan (just like her cousin Cash),  so when she saw Captain Hook and Mr. Smee she was absolutely giddy.  There was a part in the show where Jake and his pirate crew need your help calling Tinker Bell.  The audience claps their hands and she appears on a giant screen at the back of the stage.  Tink then gets in a lantern to shine a bright light that will call Peter Pan.  Can I just say, for lack of a better expression, Cecilia just about peed her pants.  When Peter Pan appeared flying across the stage her jaw dropped.  It was as if her dreams were coming to life.  She turned to me with big eyes and said "Mommy it's Peter Pan"!  She looked like she was on the verge of tears….. Happy tears.  
At the end of the skit a volcano erupts gold doubloons that float down from the ceiling.  She stood underneath them as the fell with her arms stretched out above her head, as if it were snow.  It was the sweetest thing ever. 

Over all I'd say we had a great time.  I would definitely do this again with her, and would recommend it to any parent whose child enjoys Sofia the first, Jake and the Neverland Pirates/ Peter Pan.  
What ever you do, I would just encourage you to make magical memories with your kiddos.  They'll be grown before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment