Saturday, January 11, 2014

J.R.R. Tolkien Birthday Bash



Today my cousin Josh and I took some of the kids to Kennedy School McMenamins in NE Portland for the J.R.R. Tolkien birthday bash.  There were lots of children (including my own) and parents dressed up as their favorite Middle Earth characters. When we came across a little girl, about 4, Josh said "look she's an elf" to which she turned and replied "I'm Arwen of Rivendell".  Oh man!  He got schooled!  They had all kinds of fun festivities like ribbon dancers, balloon artist, costume contest, live radio reading of "The Hobbit", and live music.  Overall we had a good time, but I mainly enjoyed the opportunity to spend some quality time with my cousin and our children spending time with one another, before we leave for Alaska.  I will miss this.

(From left to right)
Cousin Dixie an elvin princess, Cecilia Samwise, Cousin Kyle a human of Gondor 

No comments:

Post a Comment